DocuGen can generate documents for you using pre-defined content and formatting based on a template of your creation. You can insert specific information from your monday.com board using ‘placeholders’ in the template.
Visit our Template Gallery for some ready-to-use templates.
This is how you create a template from scratch:
- Using word processing software such as Microsoft Word, create a new document or make a copy of an existing document; this will be your template. The template must be in Microsoft Word format (.docx).
- Prepare the content and formatting of the template just as you would a normal document.
- You will use 'placeholders' to tell DocuGen where to populate information from your board into your document. Here is how you can easily generate a list of your board's placeholders.
- Copy the relevant placeholders from the placeholder document into your template. For example, if you want to insert your name somewhere in the document, type <<user_name>>.
Now you are ready to use your template:
- Upload the Word template to the DocuGen Settings
- Test your template by clicking on the green “Generate document” button
The document you will receive will be based on the first row (item) in your board). If you want to generate documents directly from the board item, add integration recipes that will do this automatically for you based on pre-defined triggers.
Check out some important considerations for templates.