The DocuGen Settings tab allows you to set many parameters as you wish. You can access DocuGen Settings by clicking on the Settings tab of your DocuGen view:
1. Context-sensitive help: link to this page
2. Document Delivery Options: Define how you would like to receive generated documents. You can combine multiple delivery options. Delivery options do not count against your monthly document quota; for example, if you generate a single document and that is delivered by multiple ways, this counts as one document. See more details here.
3. Send as an email attachment: This will send the generated document(s) by email to the user who generated it. See more details here.
4. Also send to board subscribers: Each board subscriber will get an email containing the generated document(s). Board subscribers do not count against your monthly document quota; for example, if you generate a single document that gets sent to multiple board subscribers, this counts as one document. See more details here.
5. Send to email column: If you have an Email column in your board, you can select this option to have DocuGen send the generated document(s) by email to the email address in the column. See more details here.
7. Attach to conversation feed: DocuGen will attach the document in a new thread inside the item's conversation feed. See more details here.
8. Show progress in link column: If you have a Link column in your board, you can have DocuGen post real-time progress to the column. Note: this will overwrite any information you have in the link column.
9. Document Format section: This section contains options for the look-and-feel of your documents.
10. Default Document Name: Set the default document name. You can define dynamic names for your documents!
11. Template: Clicking on this button will allow you to select any Microsoft Word (.docx) document from your computer to be used as a template for generating documents. More on creating templates and using templates.
12. Generate PDF Document, Microsoft Word, Rich Text Document: By default, DocuGen generates documents in Microsoft Word format. If you check these options, DocuGen will also create additional documents of the selected types.
13. Table Styling: This section applies styling to tables inside your document. Read the full help article here. Note that table styling options apply only when generating a document without using a template, or when using the <<table_start>> placeholder in a template. If you wish to style text that is inserted using any other placeholder (such as <<column_firstrow:XXX>>, <<board_name>>, <<user_name>>, etc.), you can simply apply the desired styling directly on the placeholder within the template being used by DocuGen.