Partially-supported column types
DocuGen offers limited support for Formula columns, under the following conditions:
- Formulas should not be nested, meaning that the formula should not refer to a column that is also a formula. The workaround is to include the full formula in the column.
(not supported by DocuGen)
Equivalent formula without nesting
(supported by DocuGen)
Total Price = Amount * (1 - Discount)
Amount = Quantity * Price
Notice that "Amount" is a formula (Quantity * Price) that is used inside another formula (Total Price).
Total Price = (Quantity * Price) * (1 - Discount)
This formula will give exactly the same result as the nested formula on the left.
- Formulas that refer to a percent value will be calculated differently in DocuGen. This is due to a bug that we are working to resolve (workaround below). For example, let's assume we have three columns:
Amount: Number column
Discount: Number column formatted as %
Net Price = Amount * (1 - Discount)
If Amount = $100 and Discount = 15%:
Result in monday.com
Amount = 100 * (1 - 0.15) = 85
Result in DocuGen
Amount = 100 * (1 - 15) = -1,400
The workaround is to add another formula column where the % values are divided by 100. Using the example above, create a new formula column as follows:
Net Price (DocuGen) = Amount * (1 - Discount/100)Make sure to refer to this new column in your DocuGen Settings and hide the column on the board to avoid confusing users.
Unsupported column types
Currently the following column types are not supported by DocuGen: (fear not, we are working hard with monday.com’s developers to make those column types available in DocuGen.)
- Formula columns are not supported when they include the following functions:
The workaround for the above formulas is by using General Caster to automatically copy the formula result to a Number column, and use the Number column in your document template.
- Subitems are supported to a very limited degree.
- Auto-Number, Rating, and Progress Tracking columns are not supported and will be blank if included in your generated documents
- World Clock column will display the time zone but not the actual time in your generated documents
Make sure to uncheck the above columns from DocuGen Settings before generating documents.