Sometimes you may want to generate documents that contain a table using specific rows from your board.
- You have a board containing invoice line items in 10 rows, but you would like to generate a table of just three rows belonging to a specific client.
- You have a board containing sales quotes organized by groups, and you would like to generate a table containing rows from a specific group.
There are two ways you can achieve this:
This is quick and easy, and best used when you have a small number of rows in your board.
- Make sure you are on the DocuGen view
- Click on the gear icon at the top right corner of the screen and select "Split View"
- Using the built-in monday.com filter button, you can select individual rows from your board. Just click on the “Filter” button at the top of the DocuGen view, then select the rows you would like to include in your document from the “Name” (second) column in the filter dialog box. Once done filtering, click on the button "Generate document".
You can also filter by group or any other columns on your board.
Use a checkbox column
This is a great way to select specific rows when you have a large number of rows in your board.
All you have to do is add a checkbox column and use it as the filter criteria:
- Go to your board’s main table view
- Add a new “checkbox” column anywhere (you will need to go to the Column Center and search for the checkbox column type)
- Go to the DocuGen view
- Click on the monday.com filter button at the top of the view and select the checkbox column as your filter criteria (you can choose either the checked rows or the unchecked ones)
That’s it! If you click on the “Generate document” button, your document will only contain the rows with a checked value.
Please sign in to leave a comment.