Document templates allow DocuGen to generate beautiful documents that reflect your brand. This is how you create a template for DocuGen:
- Using word processing software such as Microsoft Word, create a new document or make a copy of an existing document; this will be your template. The template must be in Microsoft Word format (.docx). Looking for inspiration? Check out our template gallery.
- You will use 'placeholders' to tell DocuGen where to insert information from your board into your document. Here is how you can generate a list of your board's placeholders with one click.
- Copy the relevant placeholders from the placeholder document into your template. For example, if you want to insert your name somewhere in the document, use the placholder <<user_name>>.
Now you are ready to use your template:
- Upload the Word template to the DocuGen Settings:
- Test your template by clicking on the green “Generate document” button
The document you will receive will be based on the first row (item) in your board).
Click 'Next' below to find out how you can generate documents with one click from your board.