Please bear the following considerations in mind when creating templates for DocuGen:
- Do not include comments. You must remove all comments from your document before you can use it as a template in DocuGen:
- Do not include tracked changes. You must remove all tracked changes and disable tracking changes from your document before you can use it as a template in DocuGen:
- Do not hyperlink placeholders. For example, while you can insert <<view_name>> as a placeholder in the document, you should not use <<view_name>>.
- Do not insert placeholders in text boxes or other drawings. Instead, you can insert placeholders inside normal paragraphs or tables.
- Your template must be in .docx file type. No other file types will work.
- Embed non-standard fonts. If your template contains non-standard (fancy) fonts that you want to include in the generated documents, make sure to 'embed' those fonts in your template. Here is a Microsoft Support article on how to embed fonts into your document.