You can use DocuGen to create simple backups of your board data:
- Go to your board and add a DocuGen view
- Download this simple backup template
- Go to the DocuGen view Settings and upload the backup template
- Optional: Still on the DocuGen Settings, scroll down to the "Table Styling" section and uncheck the boxes next to the columns you don't need to backup
That's it! Now click on the green "Generate document" button and you will receive your board backup by email (or any other delivery option you choose.)
- Do you have a long board? If your board is longer than 10,000 rows, you will need to apply a filter to your DocuGen view to reduce the number of rows.
- Do you have a wide board? If your board is wider than 30 columns (even if you are using only a few columns in your Word template), you will need to either (a) reduce the number of columns in the board, or (b) create a new 'summary' board that has a Connect Boards Column and mirror columns limited to the data you need to include in your documents. Make sure you add a DocuGen view to the summary board and create your backup from the summary board, not from the wide board.
- Backup template: There is nothing special about the template you downloaded above; it's just set to be landscape with small font in order to accommodate as much information as possible. Feel free to modify the template as you see fit, then save it and upload it to DocuGen.
Please sign in to leave a comment.