You can have DocuGen automatically send your generated documents as an attachment to any email address.
Option 1: If your recipient is not always the same
If the recipient's email address can change from one row to another (for example, different customer on each row), then follow these steps:
- Add an email column to your board:
- Go to the DocuGen view, click on the Setup tab, then go to the "General options" menu on the left. Check the option for "Send as attachment by email to this address" and select the Email column you created in the dropdown:
Option 2: If your recipient is the same person all the time
If you want to send your generated documents to the same person every time you generate a new document, follow these steps:
- Follow the same steps in Option 1 above (add an email column and enable document delivery by email.)
- Set the default value of the email column you created above to be the email address of your recipient.
- Optionally, you can hide your email column since you will not be editing it regularly.
Whenever you add a new row to your board, the email column will automatically contain the email address of your recipient and DocuGen will use it to send them your document.
If your board already includes rows in it, you will need to populate the email column for the existing rows.
Please sign in to leave a comment.