DocuGen can help you quickly generate quotes, proposals, or just about any kind of document using your own template.
In this tutorial we will set up DocuGen to generate sales quotations using your own template.
1. Prepare your board
We recommend using the pre-built DocuGen board templates. Once you add the "DocuGen proposals" template, go to the board “Proposals”.
2. Upload the document template
Go to the "DG proposal" view and click on the Setup tab. Click on "Upload template" and upload the document template.
3. Select the columns that will appear in the document
We want to select the subitem columns that will appear in the generated document. Our guide table in the Word template has seven columns that get populated from the subitems:
... so we will select the following seven columns from the board (and we will make sure to set the units for the Formula columns):
You can learn more about the item and subitem placeholders in the Placeholders article.
4. Add a button integration recipe
The DocuGen board template is pre-loaded with a button integration recipe that will allow you to generate documents from specific rows.
- Click on the "Integrate" button at the top right corner of your board
- Click "Activate" next to the DocuGen integration
- Make sure to select the DocuGen view name in the integration sentence
- Click "Update Integration" at the bottom right corner
Learn more about button column integrations here.
Make sure to change your DocuGen Settings to deliver the generated document to the Quotations column:
4. Generate documents
You're set! Whenever you click on the "Generate" button, a new document will be generated and saved in the Proposals column.
- Templates use placeholders to indicate where to place the information from your board. You can find out more about placeholders here.
- If you want to insert the sum of the “Total” column (or any other number column) within the body of your document, you can use the sum placeholder.
- monday.com filters are a very powerful tool when used along with DocuGen. Learn more about this here and here.