DocuGen can help you quickly generate form letters such as offer letters to successful candidates using your own template.
In this tutorial we will set up DocuGen to generate offer letters using your own template.
1. Prepare your board
We recommend using the pre-built DocuGen board templates. Once you add the "DocuGen offer letters" template, go to the board “Offer letters”.
2. Upload the document template
Go to the "DG offer letter" view and click on the Setup tab. Click on "Upload template" and upload the document template.
3. Add a button integration recipe
The DocuGen board template is pre-loaded with a button integration recipe that will allow you to generate documents from specific rows.
- Click on the "Integrate" button at the top right corner of your board
- Click "Activate" next to the DocuGen integration
- Make sure to select the DocuGen view name in the integration sentence
- Click "Update Integration" at the bottom right corner
Learn more about button column integrations here.
Make sure to change your DocuGen Settings to deliver the generated document to the Quotations column:
4. Generate documents
That's it! You're now ready to generate documents using the "Offer Letter" button on your board:
- Templates use placeholders to indicate where to place the information from your board. You can find out more about placeholders here.
- The placeholders that allow you to insert values from specific columns is <<column_firstrow:COLUMN LABEL>>. More about this here.
- monday.com filters are a very powerful tool when used along with DocuGen. Learn more about this here and here.