DocuGen can generate documents for you using pre-defined content and formatting based on a template of your creation. You can insert specific information from your monday.com board using ‘placeholders’ in the template.
Visit our Template Gallery for some ready-to-use templates.
This is how you create a template from scratch:
- Using word processing software such as Microsoft Word, create a new document or make a copy of an existing doc; this will be your template. The template must be in Microsoft Word format (.docx).
- Prepare the content and formatting of the template just as you would a normal document.
- You need to indicate where DocuGen should insert data from your board. You do this by inserting ‘placeholders’ in your document. Here is our guide to DocuGen placeholders.
Now you are ready to use your template simply by clicking on the green “Generate document” button or by adding board integrations that will do this automatically for you based on pre-defined triggers.
Important Considerations for Templates
- Do not include comments. You must remove all comments from your document before you can use it as a template in DocuGen.
- Do not hyperlink placeholders. For example, while you can insert <<view_name>> as a placeholder in the document, you should not use <<view_name>>.
- Do not insert placeholders in text boxes or other drawings. Instead, you can insert placeholders inside tables.