First, make sure you have a template ready.
- If you're on a DocuGen item view, click on the Settings tab, then go to the Template subtab.
- If you're on a DocuGen board view, click on the Setup tab, then go to the 'Document Design' subtab.
- Click on “Upload your template”:
Pick a template from your computer. That’s it! The next time you generate a document from this view, DocuGen will use this template.
Please note these important considerations when creating document templates.
Are you having trouble uploading your templates to DocuGen?
Some browsers and/or operating systems may sometimes prevent DocuGen from uploading the templates. (You may see an error message that the file type is incorrect, or something similar.) Please try these workarounds:
- Try to upload the document template to DocuGen using another browser
- Try to upload the template from another computer
- If you're using a Windows computer, you may need to update your registry to allow DocuGen to recognize Word documents you upload. You can do this easily by downloading and running (double-clicking) the .reg file attached below. (Note: your computer might warn you about the file; it's a safe file that we've created specifically for this purpose; it doesn't compromise your computer in any way.)
If you're still facing issues uploading templates, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and include a copy of your template and the DocuGen view ID. We will upload the template for you from the backend of DocuGen. You can get the view ID by going to the DocuGen view and copying the long number following '/views/' in the URL: